Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Random Ramblings

I used to post on other shows randomly as and when something struck me - haven't done that for a while, ever since Maryada and SGP wrapped up  ... so here goes :)

Posted this in yesterday's post, but posting again - a show which sounds good just because of the cast. The producers are Deeya and Tony Singh, who made Maryada, and interestingly (Google baba ki jai!) also made BHPH, Banegi Apni Baat (which I remember was a good show), Radha Ki Betiyaan (Sanaya in side role), Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin (supposed to be very good, I never watched it) and Bhaskar Bharti (also heard good things about it). The stars include Kanwaljeet Singh, Supriya Pilgaonkar (I love Badi Maa, hope this character is similar!) and Vindhya who played Vidya in Maryada, and impressed me a lot, with a role which was underplayed a lot towards the end - but when she was in the limelight, she was very good.
 http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Vindhya_Tiwari_is_geared_up_to_play_protagonist_in_Star_Plus_new_show-gid-13709-gc-16.html

So another show to look forward to on SP - my only question is, which shows are going to wind up? All are doing pretty well as of now ... the ones I can't stand have the highest TRP's! Yeh Rishta and Patigya seem the likeliest candidates - they are the longest running ones, and past their 'best till' date.

Another random tidbit I picked up while surfing .. the producers of IPKKND, Panglosean and Rajeev Chaddha, are associated with Phir Subah Hogi in some capacity. The article was confusing, mentioned two sets of producers in the same sentence, so not sure of the connection. Can't find the article again. Also Varun Badola was also offered Sajda Tere Pyar Mein, Ronit Roy's role ... I wish he had taken that, I might have watched Sajda then. I like both Shaleen and Ronit, though the female lead has not caught my attention yet. Might try to catch the show more often now that the story is taking off.
All this ;) because I watched an episode or two of PSH, and Varun Badola captured my attention again - that guy may not be the best looking around, but he has AMAZING screen presence! I actually sat through two entire episodes of PSH just waiting to see him on screen! The show is good, but the subject is not really to my taste - I prefer more contemporary stories. Can't relate to an obscure practice followed somewhere in the hinterlands.

19 comments:

  1. JJNK was my 1st serial(hindi) I watched regularly if not religiously like IPK .... It was good very good till they gave make over to Jassi .... Lost interest after that and actually never got back to it ..... I love Mona Singh .... She is one bindass lady doing it all in the media .... Caught few episodes of her new serial KHTW ..... Her role is good and a strong one but a person cannot sit through a serial day after day just for one character only. I remember my interest for JDJ was also because of MS .... Though she is not that good a dancer I like her lively nature towards everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhaskar Bhariti was good too .... An adaptation of HW comedy 'The Hot Chick' ... A movie I liked ...ok loved in school days. Rob Schneider was too good.

    Ragini was apt for the role ... A very non-feminine loud characteristics in a feminine body. Serial could not hold interest for long as that cannot be done again with only female lead and not much of story either .... Why it exactly ended ... No idea .... Same goes for all other serial I watch randomly ... Actually even JJKN ... Don't know when it shut shop.

    It was for RK that I watched SGP ... Din't like Suhana but fell in love with Kashyap parivaar .... Well thats what the story was about ... Sasural!!!

    Good IPK got back to their Love Story where their fans are waiting after 250 episodes for some good romance with both partners being equall participants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dia,

      Dia Tony Singh are pretty decent producers who have had gud serials coming from their stable..in fact banegi apni baat....was their first, if i am not mistaken...

      I used to watch it for that Siddiqui girl...it went off the track after a while as all serial do...Radha ki betiyaan was also a very gud serial..I saw Sanaya here for the first time and altho it was grey role, i liked her a lot.....I haven't see the others..Jassi..was so much to my liking altho i caught bits of it but i did not like the main lead so i did not bother..
      Choti bahu was also from their stable but i did not watch it becos after a couple of epis..it was about vrats, poojas etc, not a big believer in rituals...so i found it very boring
      I agree with ur views on PSH....while i can watch VB, i can't drum up enthusiasm to know more abt a practice in Bundelkhand..and make any connection esp since much hasn't been ever written/spoken abt it unlike say a devdasi system...(again, i can't watch that too!!)

      I am sticking to song reality shows for the time being..

      Delete
  3. Oh and I watched few episodes of PSH after your comment "if you want to see a guy smirk, watch Varun Badola" .....though he din't :( ...... As for the serial same reason you mentioned above as ... Can't relate to it.

    I usually fail to see male leads be it movie or serial .... ASR/Barun is an exception ... I think I am safe if I call myself a fan ...(doing things like browsing for information ....lol) .... Din't do that even for Julia Roberts or Kajol or Vidhya Balan. Sigh!!

    Sorry for posting in bits ..... Somehow mobile is not allowing me to post a long one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dia
    its been a while....was busy with life's interferences ;-)
    thanks for that info ridden rambling :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't help it ...saw the interview....have only one reaction..

    HAHAHAHHAHA.....

    Barun better know what he's doing or else he's going to be in deep deep trouble...what a silly interview:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously Gargi............totally agree with you............ doing indie movies when the serial script has a disappearance act is fine - it can gel but otherwise, it's suicidal.... am glad for BS that he is trying out new stuff, but he DEFINITELY needs a PR guy to handle his interviews = on his own, he pretty much does a proverbial "pair par kulhari mara".... someone please zip his lips like TOTALLY (of course, I don't mean when he is on screen ;) )

      AKI

      Delete
    2. Barun needs a babysitter whenever he opens his mouth in front of the media ;) Till now, he had Sanaya ... and Akshay to some extent ... to handle reporters, now he's alone, and he's floundering ... big time!

      Oh well, he will either sink or learn to swim ... but at the moment, he needs a floater fast! *rofl* Else a ZIP ... on his mouth!

      Delete
    3. Yes Dia, him having the "foot in the mouth" disease...its gets all the new guys all the time....and some seasoned ones too!!

      Delete
    4. Rekha! That was really funny! Ahahaha! FMD! Oh man this guy is making news big time!

      Delete
    5. Anon true 'pagal' toh kar dala hai ... in essence divided ;)

      Delete
    6. Hey Sama! They are talking about the twist, maybe asr has a new face coming up! Lol! Ph has figured out to say hello hi bye bye to barun! Lol! Oh man going crazy in here! ~cheng

      Delete
    7. Even after Barun said several times that he is coming back, he will handle both movie and tv for now, after Sanaya said Barun is going nowhere & even today with humour "I asked him so he came to shoot", after Gul said no worries EVEN after Mishti - IF IPK God of NEWS said it !!!

      GOD help the "zabardast twist" .... Amen

      Delete
    8. Ladies and Ladies,

      Check this out - super funny :D

      http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2991806

      Delete
  6. Deviyo aur Deviyo .... Ab bas bhi karo !!

    Kuch na kaho ..... Kuch bhi na kaho
    Kya kehna hai ..... Kya sunna hai
    Mujhko pata hai ..... Tumko pata hai
    Samay ka yeh pal ..... Tham sa gaya hai
    Aur is pal mein ..... Koi nahin hai
    Bas ek main hoon ..... Bas ek tum ho
    Kuch na kaho ..... Kuch bhi na kaho

    O-K !! I think I just did a Barun (IYO)... So ZIP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sama...


      ROFL This was HILARIOUS!!

      Delete
    2. Sandy, dekh le....hamare song dedications are in great jeapordy...yeh sab bachhe hamein chunauthi de rahein hain....

      Sama....damn gud one!!

      Delete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...