Monday, September 17, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANAYA!!! :)

Should have put this up in the morning ... it slipped my mind completely!  No matter ... good wishes are always in time ... :)

Happy Birthday, Sanaya Irani!!! 

 I first became aware of Sanaya's existence almost three years ago ... watching a new show called Miley Jab Hum Tum based on college life. Watched the first few episodes manly because it aired before the show I was following those days, Dill Mill Gayee ... I wasn't impressed with MJHT and switched it off. Didn't care for lead hero, Samrat - he couldn't act ... didn't care for the lead heroine, Gunjan - she was too namby-pamby and cry-baby for me ... switched off completely when Gunjan was asked to audition for a talent show and she burst into tears on stage. I was annoyed ... who does that? Only kids in nursery school ... definitely not college kids, even the most nervous and shy types should have more self-respect. 
Mayank and Nupur never impressed me from the start, they bored me ;) 
So no thanks, MJHT.

A few months down the line, I saw a promo all in red and white of a song Khuda Jaane ... :"> Was intrigued and started watching MJHT again, waiting for the song ... it was my favorite those days. Saw the Valentine Day episodes and was hooked to Gunjan ... when had that irritating, wishy washy crybaby changed into this calm, quiet, dignified young girl with immense dignity and such grace and sense? And I followed MJHT wholly and solely for Gunjan and her beautiful friendship-turned-love with her best friend, Samrat ... Mohit was still not that great an actor, but Sanaya kept me hooked all through with her portrayal of Gunjan, not least because I saw shades of myself in that shy, nerdy college girl, and echoes of how wonderful friendships in college had also brought about similar changes in me, and boosted my self-confidence tremendously through my college life. 
My favorite scenes in MJHT still only involve Gunjan ... her telling off Samrat after she learns about the bet is my most favorite scene till date on Indian telly ... the way a hurt, devastated Gunjan breaks off her friendship, denying it had even been that, struggling to keep her dignity intact and her tears at bay ... and then goes home to cry her heart out.

I became a fan of Gunjan, I then saw her segments on SBS/SBB and became a fan of Sanaya Irani, the person ... what a lovely girl she is! And when MJHT ended, I firmly believed that I could not have been the only one to spot that talent, others in the telly industry must have spotted it too. I was very confident she would be back on screen soon. And I was right ... barely six months after MJHT ended, she was back with IPKKND.

I have never prayed for a show to be successful before ... I did for this ... I wanted IPKKND to succeed for Sanaya's sake. When MJHT ended, I wanted a good co-actor opposite her, because Mohit, for all that he's a genuinely sweet guy, is not a great actor ... I got that wish too. I wasn't impressed when Barun was announced as her lead ... but he looked good with her and I knew if Sanaya could make Mohit look good and act well, then she could do the same with almost anyone (umm, just watched half an episode of YRKKH and I have to add - with the exception of baby-faced Munna :)) )

And today I am really, really happy for Sanaya ... I take an almost maternal/elder sisterly interest in her  ... and I'm absolutely delighted at her success and that of IPKKND. And I know that even if ... make that when ... IPKKND winds up, Sanaya will not remain off-screen for too long. She is intelligent, very talented, incredibly hard-working and maintains great relations with almost everyone she has worked with ... she has made a name for herself with two back to back successful shows, something that not many telly stars can claim, and she has richly earned the success she has got today.

Sanaya ... Happy Birthday again. I am truly proud to be your fan :) My best wishes are always with you. May God bless you and give you all the happiness, success, love and joy in the world.

6 comments:

  1. Dia, hey loved ur post....from one San fan to another....

    First saw her as Sanaya in Radha ki betiyaan and loved her more than Ratan Rajput....and hoped she will get her due soon in an author backed role and was happy to see her in MJHT altho i did not follow the serial...my younger cousins used to tell me that she was doing well and becos college romances bore me, i did not make any effort and frankly did not have the time....
    Onto IPK, saw the promo and was thrilled but actually saw it seriously GH epi onwards....was travelling that day and like a true blue phangirl...i wanted to reach home just so i could see the two together....I still remember seeing Arnav hold Khushi in his arms and looking at her as if he could do that forever, it is a frame that is frozen in my memory much like ur post of that day(dia, these were some of ur words in ur edit of that day!) my day was not complete without the epi and ur edit....


    and so it has remained to this day
    And am very happy for San's success....
    Sometimes, even when the etching of the character has not been great, San has reached out to us thru her heartfelt performances each and every time...makes u love her more and more..and even among the noise of phangurling for BS(which he richly deserves too!!) she does hold her own...which is no mean feat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. copying my comment here, since its the most ept on this post -

    Happy Birthday SANAYA IRANI!! :) :) You are probably the only TV actor I have adored sooo much and for sooo long..and the reason is not coz you are a brilliant actor...but because you are brilliant even when you remove your make up and the camera lights go off.. :) Mohit is lucky to be with you and I hope God showers their blessings on both of you... :) :) Its been a priviledge to watch you on and off screen ... :))

    I would like to share today a music video that Sanaya has been a part of..its her first ever music video, so she is still a bit raw in acting, but not at all bad... the lyrics are what I would always say to her -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFM4XaqY8BM

    and I would also advise this to everybody who is down or put off by something... one interview of hers and her sunny smile and somehow, miraculously you start feeling better again...I don't know how she does this, but she just does.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes...I forgot to mention...MJHT and Sanaya gave me a totally new set and type of friends, whom I never met, but they somehow became a part of my life, nevertheless (also my dreams... remember, dia, I dreamt abt meeting you twice, now!! :P the third time I dream this and it HAS to come true..I don't know how or when..it has to! bas keh diya.. :P)

    so I thank her for that as well.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww your post was very heartwarming and beautiful.

    Happy Birthday Sanaya .... I became your fan very recently .... After holding IPKKND together working 24/7 during kidnapping track you din't even pass a single comment about outrageous shift of focus to a wannabe lead. Somewhere whatever tolerance I had for DB was because of you. If you can accept it with so much grace, who am I to complain, par phir bhi rant to banta hai ... So kar dete hain.

    Bless you a beautiful life ahead. I am sure you will come what may. That part of Khushi is original. Smile like a Sunshine !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Sanaya!
    Saw an amazingly well-edited VM and just had to share it here...I had this big silly grin on my face from the beginning right till the end. Sanaya's smiles are infectious..;-)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHFU8xDN9FQ

    Also, liked today's episode in the sense that before the BFTP Arnav has made it clear to atleast Khushi that she is his wife and his mom's bahu and that woh dono ek ho chuke hai.So they will face this togewther. I think Arnav will believe Garima because he commited the mistake of not believing Khushi...he wont repeat it.And that will be the ultimate repentace for all that he did to khushi...by restoring her Mom's reputation in fromt of everyone.

    waiting for the story to unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bday Sanaya ! unlike others here I had not even heard of Sanaya when I tuned in to watch the first episode of IPK..2 episodes and the first round of jalebi making and I was hooked to this lady with the 1000 watt smile:)

    It was Khushi and only Khushi who got me addicted to this show...I am not particularly fond of bad boy heroes and could not stand ASR- the character - though liked how Barun played it ...

    It was Sanaya's emotions, her comic timing, her sincerity in portraying every emotion that brought Khushi to life ;)

    I don't watch much of the offscreen stuff - but she seems to be a wonderful human being from what I read here.

    Wishing Sanaya a very happy birthday - may she have a wonderful life ahead:)

    ReplyDelete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...