Thursday, August 21, 2014

21/8 - Epi 168 ... Running Scared

Rudra worried he might be too late ... heartbreaking flashback of Paro, when he was too late for her ...
Myrah is not there any more. Only some fragments of rope indicate she might have been there ... she, or someone ...

Myrah has been shifted to a new place, probably because she complains so much about the first ... but in her opinion,  this one is no better ... she continues harassing the kidnappers, demanding 5 star treatment ... till Jhaddu shuts her up with a gag.

Mohini explores Myrah's room ... Shatabdi already there before her. Has Mohini started petty theft?
Maithili catches them and gets rid of them.

Myrah manages to get rid of the gag. Now she starts complaining about the smell. And the kidnappers are in trouble ... very soon the Army, Navy, Air Force, everyone is going to be here ...
She's trying to keep the kidnappers off balance ... with little success. She's also trying to mask her own fear from them ... with slightly better results.

Maithili's attention caught by Myrah's video recording ... Myrah talks about the bells she keeps hearing ... and why does Rudra affect her so strangely. And Maithili wonders ... what does Myrah feel for Rudra?

Dhruv and Koel are worried about Myrah, they come to ask Maithili about Myrah ... Koel is confident she will be back ... after all Rudra has gone to rescue her ...
But Dhruv's voice tails off ... remembering the time Rudra failed to rescue his mom.

Rudra finds clues .. earring and footprints ... Myrah's chacha calls, with more threats ... but Rudra is already on his own mission ... he will not let anything happen to Myrah. Not this time. Not again.
Myrah is not the only one masking her inner fears.

Myrah continues harassing the kidnappers ... her chacha is very kanjoos, no point asking him for money ... asks for her phone ... Dumbo killed his own, so he needs to use hers ... her chacha won't give any money, it's better to call someone else ... calls Rudra Phata doodh :)) ... and tells the inept duo Rudra is her husband, they had a fight this morning.
Inept kidnappers call him ... Myrah demands to be put on speaker phone ... she gives clues as to where she is ...  tabela, train ... and Rudra does the rest. GPS zindabad
And Myrah pauses for a moment when Rudra tells the kidnappers not to harm her ... don't you dare touch her ... 
A man passionate in love and hate and in his protectiveness ... a passionate man ...

Shatabdi Sumer ... love scene number 2. Filler.

Myrah tries to use her pepper spray ... but she overplays her hand there, and her plan doesn't work. Jhaddu has had enough and pulls out a knife ... and Myrah drops her mask of bravado ... finally she's scared, and lets it show. Jhaddu knifes her ... just as Rudra appears.

Rudra to the rescue ... action replay, he has a flashback of Shantanu ... but not this time ... he won't let the past repeat itself ...
Myrah distracts the kidnappers with talk about an army, why has he come alone like a hero ... and says drop the gun ...
Rudra would have ignored her, but for another flashback ... that's what he did with Shantanu ...
And he does the same ... kneels to drop the gun ... Dumbo bends to reach for it ... and Rudra and Myrah attack together ... he attacks one guy with a stick, Myrah stamps on the foot of the other, startling him enough to escape ... and run to Rudra ...
And a replay of the first meeting ... as Myrah flies to Rudra, he holds her arm and pulls her behind him, in a replay of the first Parud meeting ... along with the flashbacks ...
I really don't have words to describe the rest ... the old intensity was back, the old Rangrasiya was back ...

And when the danger is over, Myrah drops her false bravado and allows herself to show the fear that was clawing at her the entire time ... she was scared ... very, very scared ...
And she runs to Rudra and hugs him tight ...

Paro ... I'm scared, Major saab ... nobody can do anything to us, can they? I can't live without you ...
Myrah ... I was scared, I was so scared, I pretended not to be, but I was ... 
Paro ... crying, her face wet with tears ... her eyes scared ...
Myrah ... crying with fear ... scared ...

And Rudra holds his Paro tight, and renews his promise ... 'Don't be scared, I won't let anything come between us, I won't let anything bad happen to you, Paro ... Paro ...'

Myrah withdraws ... his voice reaching her through her fear ... she pulls back and  stares at him ... he stares back ... his arms drop ...
'I'm not Paro ...'
Bringing Rudra crashing back to reality ... no, she's not Paro ... his Paro is gone ...

And Myrah asks him ... 'who is Paro, Rudra?' 

For the first time after the leap, the intensity was back ... words cannot do justice to this scene ... it has to be watched. Fabulous acting by Sanaya and Ashish ... they are both so amazing in intense scenes.

Precap is confusing ... Myrah is falling for Rudra, despite knowing he is still in love with Paro ... but what does Rudra feel for Myrah? Why is he asking her about her fiance ... and talking about what he would do if he was in his place? 

4 comments:

  1. Precap is indeed confusing. Or may be we should wait till we hear the entire conversation. It is becoming obvious that Myrah is falling for Rudra. If the CVs show that Rudra is also falling for Myrah or confusing her with Paro, then it must be the effect of September 19. Seriously, I didn't feel like commenting in this space. WTH, I didn't feel like watching the episode today. After coming home, the first thing I do is watch RR with a cup of coffee. Today, I was doing other things and it was a while before I watched RR. All these rumours and the so-called decisions, tweets are driving me crazy. Only the team of RR could give the most credible information about the future of the show. The writer of the show, Raghuvir Shekawat seems to have replied to one of the fans' questions. Apparently, the fan's question was about axing the show and he has replied, 'Almost'. Udit (Sumer) also has replied to one of the tweets in a similar fashion. Then, why there isn't any official confirmation from the channel? This kind of treatment to the fans and the delaying tactics are worse than GH's (in)famous tweet. I don't want to say anything more, because honestly, I have zero clue as to what is happening between the PH and the channel. But as a fan of RR, I am saying that I deserve a decision. I am ok with RR going off-air. Every show has to end sometime. But the indecisiveness is driving me nuts. On top of it, the rumours of RR getting cancelled have been floating for a very long time. The revamp of the show seems to have happened due to the pressure of the channel. If the channel never intended to give a second chance to RR, then why kill Paro?

    I am done with Indian TV serials. Not that I have been watching a lot of serials. In the last 12 years, I have watched only 2 serials - IPKKND and RR. Heck.... Being a south Indian, I don't even watch the regional TV shows. The last show (before IPKKND) I watched was Dishayen in Doordarshan. As a kid, I enjoyed watching shows like Dishayen, Suraag, Captain Vyom, etc. These days, the audience seems to be hooked to saas - bahu shows or Mills & Boon type soaps. Even IPKKND was one like that. But I liked the narration and the entire cast did exceptionally well. RR belongs to a completely different league. A genre completely new to Indian TV. I read an article about the taste of the Indian audience sometime back. On an average, every Indian enjoys a movie like Sholay. Not that Sholay is a bad movie. It is a classic and has a great cult following. But one must understand that it is typical masala movie. So, an average Indian likes to watch stories of a saas - bahu or a 'Tall-Dark-Handsome' dude romancing a girl. And I don't see that trend changing. In a market like this, there is very little scope for shows like RR. Thanks to the TRP viewers, a beautiful story has been royally butchered and thanks to the channel for doing the 'antim sanskaar'.

    Very sorry about the rant ladies. I am the first to comment and I feel bad that I have been a whiny kid. Just couldn't control the frustration. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madhu-mitha, I second what you said, I am feeling the same frustration and my current situation in AD is not helping either, IPKKND and RR were two of my favorites, where I used to sit and watch 20 minutes to escape from reality and good looking lead pairs just made it even more interesting! ;-)
    Like you I too don't mind that RR is ending, because every serial has to end and what's better than to end it on a high note? But all this off screen drama and other nonsense between the PH and channel just has left a bad taste in all our mouths.

    Dia is an ever optimist, after reading her update I was surprised that I found the episode bland, the intensity which she felt at the last part of the episode as she mentioned, that just brushed past by me!!!! I felt like they were forcing the similarity through the flashback and it was irritating to watch the them, I don't know why ( the actors were good though, maybe its just me :-( )
    This is why I din't post today, din't want to open the comment section with down in the dumps comment, but since you have already done the honors....;-) ;-) he.. he...

    Why does this happen with the serials that I am actually interested in ???
    And most importantly why do Indian audience want to watch Saath nibhana saathiya & company only???!!!!!! WHY, WHY ,WHY??,...........Oh wait I will ask my mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey morning breeze,

      I felt that the episode was okay. I liked the flashbacks. And the hug. :) I liked the last few minutes of the episode where Myrah breaks down, hugs Rudra, then Rudra remembering Paro and confusing Myrah with Paro. I didn't pay much attention to most part of the epi except the scenes of Rudra and Maithili. Maithili has finally discovered something that Myrah has been hiding. The bells. Food for thought. For Maithili.

      I just didn't feel like sharing my thoughts in the epi because of the offscreen drama. I feel bad that the show might not last long. And eventually when I started typing, all my frustrations started pouring out and I completely forgot about the episode. The last 2-3 days, there are no sbs sbb segments also. The only news i hear about rr is about the show shutting / not shutting / time slot change and all those crap.




      - Madhumitha

      Delete
    2. And guess what??? Our Meenu sa has been absent for a while now. Am missing her takes. They were hilarious. :D hope things are fine with her. And yeah.... Even she was not there to cool my frustrations. That's why the rant.



      - Madhumitha

      Delete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...