Monday, September 15, 2014

15/9 - Epi 185 ... Letting Go

Monday 15th September

Rudra gazing at his phone, his Paro ...

Maithili- Rudra ... Move on, accept your love for Myrah ... she is no longer Paro to you, she is Myrah, she is different, and you love her too. 
Rudra ... no, I can't ... I don't love her ... besides, she's getting married to someone else. 

Maithili - Myrah ... you still love Rudra, how can you marry Rohit, isn't that wrong?
Myrah ... Love brings heartbreak and sorrow, I loved him and where did it get me? No, I will marry Rohit, that's the right thing to do. 

In the right circumstances, as a story in its own right, this could have been a good story ... both the actors are so good and the story has its own pathos and beauty. But following the PaRud soulmates story, Myrah Rudra don't stand a chance.

Paro-Rudra ... and a re-telling of the Shiv Parvati story ... so now Paro is Sati, and Myrah is Parvati. And Paro tells Rudra to move on, because she sent Myrah to him. Ask Myrah what brought her to the haveli after their first meeting?
It was Rukmini, Paro's old friend, who showed Myrah Rudra's dropped wallet ...

Loved the PaRud scene ... PaRud are the essence of Rangrasiya ... it was so good to see Paro again.

And hats off to Sanaya for essaying the two roles so beautifully, and showcasing the difference between Myrah and Paro so starkly, that it was difficult to believe within the span of a single episode, that the same actress was playing both the roles. The gentleness, the softness, the almost ethereal glow on Paro's face, as she softly comforted Rudra, and urged him to move on, to let her go, to find happiness again with Myrah ... the way she encouraged Rudra to tell her about Myrah, the barely concealed sadness as she saw Rudra had indeed moved on, but was holding on to her out of sheer loyalty ... mixed with soft encouragement for him to live his life again ... Paro's gentle, soft beauty and her calm reassurance and encouragement to Rudra was a complete contrast to the happy, laughing, vibrantly alive Myrah playing with the kids in just the previous scene.

Rudra is dreaming a lot today ... during the catching catch game between Myrah, Rohit, Dhruv and Koel, he imagines Myrah falling into his arms, and playing Happy Families with her and Dhruv ... and later at night, he imagines Paro sitting close and giving him permission to move on ... and to let her go.
Jaane do manne, Major Saab ... those words made me feel like crying. Sanaya was beautiful in that scene as Paro ... the gentleness, the love, the warmth spilling out of her and bathing Rudra in her glow ...

Mohini has undergone a complete change ... suddenly she is a doting grandmother, she refuses Samrat's offer to change his share of the haveli back to her name, and instead wants it in the name of the three grandchildren.
She organises a pooja for Myrah and Rohit ... which Rohit refuses to attend, he doesn't believe in such things, besides, he has work to do ...
She even tells Maithili to take some time off and help Myrah get ready ... and Shatabdi do the work instead.

Myrah Rohit ... distances continue to grow between them, as Rohit wants to take off to a quiet place for work, is not interested in attending poojas for his benefit ... to Myrah's dismay.

Myrah gets ready for the pooja in the saree of Rudra's choice ... and Maithili tries to play Cupid again and show Myrah the mirror to her feelings ... but Myrah is not having it. She confessed her love once, what did it get her? Nothing but heartbreak. Not again.

Precap - another repeated PaRud scene ... sindoor in Myrah's maang. Khoon bhari maang again.

Am feeling the sadness of Rangrasiya ending, hitting me today ... I think it was reinforced by what we know is the last Paro and PaRud scene. The beauty of the couple was re-emphasized today, as was the beauty of Paro, easily one of Sanaya's best roles in her career.

6 comments:

  1. Ok. This is the last week of RR. So, I am not going to b**** about anything or anyone. Just saying a few things out of curiosity. Mohini becomes a super grandmom. I don't know the original character sketch given to Mohini by the CVs. But for me, she is just a woman scorned by her sister and the DD brothers. No proper background was given for that part of the story. But I couldn't think of her as a murderer or someone who plots with a traitor. Just a bitter woman who makes it a point to hate her bro-in-law and his family. To me, she is a woman of strength who single handedly managed the family business and also took care of her home. She may not be a sweet person like Maithili or Paro, but if the CVs hadn't shown her as a murderer (because of TRP pressure), the character would have retained some credibility.

    The precap is again a repeat of one of the Rudra-Paro scenes. Chalo... kuch bhi dhikhao... Bas, chaar din baaki hain. Rudra has overcome his confusion and fallen for Myrah. Good that he still remembers Paro. May be that's why Paro appeared in Rudra's dream. I haven't watched the episode yet. So, I cannot say for sure. My worst fears have come true. The CVs have finally taken the Shiva-Sati-Parvati route. :( :( And Paro is asking Rudra to move on. So, is this the 'kamaal ka twist'? Ashishshshshsh........ :X :X



    - Madhumitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No point cribbing, the original story has been massacred, so this is just meandering along till it ends. If Mohini hadn't been shown to be a murderer, I could have swallowed her transformation better.

      Paro - Rudra - Myrah
      Rudra= Shiva
      Paro = Sati
      Myrah = Parvati

      Kya kamaal ka twist hai :(

      It was so good to see Paro again ... this is probably Sanaya's most beautiful character till date ... the serenity and calm San has infused Paro with - incredible to watch!

      And then you see Myrah in the same episode ... and you realise how good an actress Sanaya is. Same show - two different characters - and not even the slightest jhalak of one can be seen in the other.

      Delete
    2. Aaj ka sawaal- what is Shiva-Sati-Parvathi's story? background? can someone here give me a gist or link to it and enlighten me? Because my brain has twisted like a jalebi after watching today's episode!!!!!!!!!! ;-/ :-(

      Delete
    3. Lol... Poor Ashish. Tries to be as nice as possible. When Ashish mentioned that there would be a kamaal ka twist, I think the audience held on to a tiny ray of hope. RS has also mentioned that there would be a small consolation for Rudra-Paro fans. I am in two minds now. Whether to believe RS' words and wait for a better consolation. Or to be cynical and think of today's Rudra-Paro scene as THE consolation. Either ways, it doesn't matter anymore. A beautiful show is about to end. And should I say that the show is not going to have a beautiful end. Just remembered a very practical quote. It says, "At some point you should let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening". MD was right you know. #SuchIsLife#.




      - Madhumitha


      Delete
    4. Love your quote Madhu - very true, time to move on it is. Though saying that, I found the repeat maang scene painful because that was a PaRud moment for me. In fact, it is just lazy writing on behalf of the CVs. Dia's alternative ending would have been great and eminently watchable. Rudra's so-called falling in love with Myrah, listing all of Paro's qualities, his promise of undying love at the pyre and then switching Paro for Sati = tragic waste.

      Delete
  2. Just saw the episode. Please ignore if I rant or bash anyone. To be frank, I am enjoying the scenes that involve the rest of the family. Be it Mohini or Samrat or Maithili or Shathabdhi. The Mohini transformation is very much contrived, but not as contrived and sudden as Rudra's transformation. But hats off to the actors for making it look real to some extent.

    I thought I would cry when I watch the Paro-Rudra scene. It was beautiful. And I didn't cry. :) :) I only wish the CVs had given a little more concentration while writing Paro. Then there would have been no need for killing Paro in the first place. But I think the essence of Paro's character is still very much intact. She is the giver, the nurturer. That has never been compromised. And I am glad about it. I don't even want to talk about Rudra. He is beyond salvation.

    I didn't know that my dumb logic of using the blue butterfly to establish a connection between Rudra and Myrah would be considered by the CVs. And finally, Rukmani was the one who brought Myrah to Rudra. Kamaal ka twist hi hain! I guess they are going to show Paro's advice to Rudra as a go-ahead for Rudra to move on in life. Now I feel bad for Rudra. Poor guy never had anything permanent in his life. Now his soulmate is asking him to move on. The idea is good. Eventually everyone has to let go of anything that pulls him / her down. But Paro is not someone, Rudra can easily forget and let go. What an insult to the soulmate connection!!!

    It was painful to watch them together knowing that there won't be any Paro-Rudra scenes again in this show. But I just watched it, because it was too beautiful to be missed. I don't buy Paro's (CVs') logic, but the scene was out of the world. Manne jaane dheejiye, Major Saab.... So that was the third vachan?? So, Paro is asking Rudra to let her go and also asking him to move on. You know what ladies?? Kuch Kuch Hota Hai looks like a matured movie in comparison with the CVs' logic. At least in the movie, Rani would have written letters to her daughter and asked her daughter to open them on her birthday. I know people who made fun of the movie saying it is completely illogical. I should make them watch RR.

    I am not attached to RR, the way I was attached to IPKKND. I kept watching scenes from IPKKND repeatedly for quite some time. I stopped watching them after RR began. I think when RR ends, I wouldn't go back and watch the old episodes. But Paro's death affected me. Because she is just a reflection of my mom. The eternally optimistic attitude, finding happiness in small things, not demanding anything from anyone, but always there for others, the ever smiling face, and I could go on. My mom never makes her pain very obvious to others. Even today, when Paro adviced Rudra to move on and let go of his past, it just sounded like my mom's advice to me, when I am upset or confused about something. RR has indeed become a Shakespearan tragedy. I guess SuchIsLife.

    ReplyDelete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...