Saturday, October 15, 2011

14/10 - Epi 98 ... The struggle within, the confusion within

14th Oct

I don't blame Khushi for being confused, honestly I don't! In the span of about twelve hours, this guy tolerated her bakbak, accepted her challenge with a hint of her own daredevilry, and openly proclaimed her his bride, then shouted at her, told her to leave without showing him her face. She then woke up to see him caring for her as tenderly as a lover, his softened mood lasted till they were ready to leave, then he flew into a towering rage and almost killed a guy ... after which his foul mood has persisted, and he refuses to tell her why! Just when she thinks things are back on even keel, there he goes again!

And this time something has changed ... his silence troubles her more than even his hurtful words do ... she tries again and again to restore some balance, to go back to where they were, to be her usual chirpy self, even though it takes an effort ... talk to me ...
He is silent.
Maybe he's angry because his meeting got cancelled.
It's good, isn't it, that it got cancelled? You're hurt, how could you work?
Silence.

Is he angry with her because she dressed in those clothes? After all, that's why the mistaken identity and the fight happened. So she says sorry for that.
No response.
We've reached Delhi!
Still no response.
And his silence is troubling her, worrying her to death ... something has happened, something has changed, it feels strange, can we go back to where we were? Talk to me, remind me of my haisiyat, scold me, it was my mistake to wear these clothes, but what could I do ... still, scold me for that if you want, I know I've done something wrong, but I don't know what it is you're angry about now ...

Just shut up!

And so disturbed is she by his strange silence, and the turbulent emotions between them, that she welcomes this ... and takes off into bakbak again in sheer relief ... yes, things are back to normal, he's autocratic Laad Governer again ... we're fine ... you're not so angry after all. You were much more angry when you beat up those goons, I was scared you would kill him!
Silence again.
Is he annoyed because she stopped him from beating up the guy? Did it hurt his ego?
So she praises his fighting skills ... you beat him up, good for you, they will never look at another girl again ...
And unknowingly, she reaches the crux of his inner conflict, what has been plaguing him ever since she asked him the first time ... WHY so much anger? Why did he lose all control when he saw her hurt even so slightly? What made him go berserk at the sight of someone touching her, hurting her ...? Why???
What would you have done if he had actually hurt me?

He doesn't even want to think about it.
Get out.
Stop asking me these questions to which I don't have any answers, stop asking me what I've been asking myself for so long ... get out, so that I don't see your face any more ... because every time I see you, the questions rise again ... why???!!! And I don't want to know the answer ... I'm afraid to face the answer ...

Arnav's struggle has well and truly begun ... and the person he will hurt most in this internal conflict will be not Khushi, but himself. Because every time he hurts her, he hurts himself even more. But he has to hurt her, he has to push her away ... he is scared ... terrified ... that he is not in control any more. So he leaves her on the road, and drives away. Running away ... but how can he run too far from himself? And he sees her face in the mirror, the silent reproach, the bewilderment ... what are you punishing me for this time?
What indeed?

Interspersed with very streotypical hospital scenes, Babuji in hospital, Shyam worried that his secret will come to light, he has to get rid of Babuji for good before he recovers. Payal actually shows slight backbone in comforting her mother, in calling a concerned Anjali to ask for Khushi, and in refusing Akash's help.
Side note - did Anjali stop Akash from confronting Mami, but encourage him to visit the hospital anyway? Or did Akash go on his own?
More cliche .. Shyam tries to switch off the oxygen supply, just as Khushi arrives and babuji recovers sufficiently ... doctor is slightly suspicious of Shyam hovering around the oxygen supply, hope he will tell either Khushi or Arnav that ... because it is one of them who will discover Shyam's truth for sure, am more and more convinced. The denoument will come from one or both ... and they might collaborate in keeping the truth from Anjali ... I hope so anyway! After some more anger and hate from Arnav's side ...

Arnav reaches home, OP tries to tell him something (about Khushi?) ... he doesn't listen ... of course, when does he behave rationally when he's angry? All he can think about is Khushi ... and why???

Precap - Khushi runs into Arnav's arms ... has Babuji died? or relapsed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...