Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thoughts on ZND2 and Monaya

Watched the 1st ZND2 episode with Monaya hosting.

My thoughts:

I'm not a dance reality show fan at all. I've watched a few episodes of JDJ, a few of ZND1, maybe a couple of NB4. Never bothered to follow any of them very regularly. Watched ZND1 for KSG - or rather, started watching it for KSG, was a little surprised at his poor hosting at the start, watched it sporadically after that, and he did improve somewhat during the show, though he was never as good as Shweta. Not the most rocking host, definitely. Some of the performances were good, the teams were good - I liked Delnaz and the finale performance of the girls with the Shadow Dance was brilliant. That and Chaitanya's performance on the Saawariya song are the only two I remember for being extraordinarily good.

Nach Baliye 4 - after all the hype as to whether KSG is going to take part or not, I did watch a few episodes, the performers were very good, and whatever I watched, I enjoyed. Don't even remember who hosted.

Jhalak - was that the name of the show? Watched a few episodes, again for Karan, but many performers were very good and it obvious he was getting votes because of his popularity, AND that the judges were penalising him for that. Not fair on that part at all - if a guy is popular, he's popular. Judge him on his dance alone. Again, I don't remember who hosted the show.

So, nope - I haven't followed ANY dance shows regularly. And definitely not for the hosts.

But Monaya are different. After watching the first episode of ZND2, I do wonder whether I would have continued to follow it, EVEN if they had continued to host it. I found it BORING. Contestants are uninteresting - I'm not a fan of any of them, Rakhi puts me off, some of the guys look like cheapos - where did they get people like Abhishek Awasthi, Siddhesh, Aksshat even from??? Aamir Ali is ok, Kapil can dance, the others didn't impress at all.
Judges - am totally indifferent. Am not a fan of any one, maybe of Arshad Warsi a bit, but definitely not enough to watch a show he's judging. I'd rather watch Munnabhai. Or even Ishqiya.

So, yes, it's very clear - for me, Monaya were the ONLY reason to watch ZND2. and now that they're not there, I am not interested in the slightest.

Jennifer may be a good host, I am completely indifferent. I don't like her, I don't dislike her. I am indifferent. I won't watch a show she's hosting - that's no reason for me at all. The RJ - ditto. Monaya were fresh new faces, they have a great rapport onscreen, they perk up the show, they add some zing to it. Jenni and RJ host. And no one watches dance shows for the hosts, not if they're dance fans. They watch for the performances. The only people who watch for the hosts are fans of those hosts. And somehow I find it difficult to believe that the Jenni-RJ combination can be anywhere as exciting as the Monaya one.

So yep, final loser - Star Plus. And the show. Because it's a pretty boring show, all said and done. So it's lost the Monaya fans as viewers, definitely, especially after the number of anonymous articles they have felt it necessary to issue about how bad the hosts were. Are they trying to justify their decision? Why? Don't they have that much confidence in their decision that they need to hide behind this barrage of insulting articles? Or do they need them to stay in the limelight and try to get some viewers from the curiosity factor, or the ANTI-Monayans, who will be only to happy to gleefully watch and point out just how bad Monaya were as hosts in their first episode, in their first experience in hosting, as compared to two people who have experience in hosting before, one of whom makes a career of hosting. Yeah right - that's a very fair comparison!!!! So go ahead and be happy! Because it doesn't change the fact that it is unfair and unprofessional of a channel to judge people on the basis of one or two episodes, and feel that they don't even deserve a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...