Monday, January 18, 2010

Nothing happened!

Jan 18

Why are they stretching the marriage track sooooooooo much?!!! It's crazy ... squeezing every bit of charm out of the show ... do they HAVE to stretch it till the marriage mandap???!! Answer is YES, obviously, for maximum dramatic effect - how would it be a soap if everything got resolved logically and sensibly and Adhiraj actually listened to Mayank and Samrat and talked to his dad and said I'm not going through with this marriage, because the girl I'm supposed to marry has actually been trying to tell me for the last two weeks (or whatever) that she doesn't want to marry me and it only sank into my thick head now that I'm punishing her (at least he does realise that by marrying her he's punishing her, not giving her the greatest gift of God) for my own idiocy in thinking I fell in love at first sight with a girl who my father sent me to 'look' at, just because I didn't bother to check her full name.
Nope, not gonna happen. Maximum drama will be at wedding mandap, so wedding mandap they all have to reach, by hook or by crook. What's the betting that Adhiraj will magically revive in time and also rush to the mandap - and maybe claim heroically that it was his idea to substitute Mayank, and so relinquish his hero image in Bui's eyes for once and for all? And reinstate Mayank's ... because that is going to take some doing!
Also answers my question as to why Mayank never told his mom about this whole tamasha till the last possible moment ... did he really think that he could handle a shaadi ka issue on his own? No college guy that I know of, and especially not one with the only normal parent on the show, would try to handle a matter like this without involving his parents. But that might have meant that all the shaadi ka tamasha wouldn't have taken place ... so where would the drama have gone? Ergo, mom stays in Bangaluru till last possible moment.

So have to wait till next week for SG track to start ... and just hope against hope that it isn't as badly butchered as this one has been. Whatever happened to making realistic youth oriented college shows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...