Thursday, October 8, 2009

The last of Armaan Riddhima in DMG

Just read the tellybuzz article about Armaan and Riddhima not coming back to DMG, what with KSG's new show, movie and personal problems.

Hmmm .... haven't watched DMG since Sukirti left, for me AR died when she left although I did try to like Jennifer. But I couldn't and I found it surprisingly easy to quit - hehe, sounds like an addiction, which in a way, it was.
DMG 2 - Honestly I have tried to watch it - AR not being there was NO hardship for me, watching KaJen was the hardship!

On the one hand, I feel, good riddance to AR, and especially to Armaan. From all reports, the success of DMG seems to have gone to KSG's head a bit, along with his crazy female fan following, who are completely blind to his faults. From what the creatives say about his last minute cancellations, their necessity to insert flashbacks and body doubles is basically because of his unprofessional behaviour. Do I believe that? I do, to quite an extent - the CV's are not fools, they know their show runs because of Karan, and they must have been putting up with a lot from him because of that. Something must have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

On the other hand, there's no denying that if DMG made Armaan, Armaan definitely made DMG. I myself got hooked because of his acting and his alone - this was during Shilpa days and Shilpa's acting was nothing to write home about, though her chemistry was undeniable. It was Armaan and Armaan alone that was the pull. Besides which, the storyline also had a semblance of sense at the time - which deteriorated rapidly during the two months after Shilpa decided to leave, and then revived when Sukirti came in. And Karan did build up chemistry with Sukirti slowly and steadily, till their scenes were as rocking and wonderful, in fact more, that Shilpa's had been. Kudos to Sukirti too, for sticking to the role and doing it full justice in spite of all Shilpa fans - (whom I sympathise with to some extent, i felt the same way they did when Sukirti left).
So the creatives' attitude does seem unfair.

Why can't they replace Armaan? I for one, definitely wouldn't mind - for me to watch Jenni with another guy would be infinitely preferable to watching her with KSG - for me, AR are KaSu and watching Jenni with another Armaan would be like watching a new couple, which I honestly don't mind. Besides, she's quite a good actress.

I also don't mind watching DMG 2 with the new interns - but please - show a SEMBLANCE of sense in the story!!! NO doctors behave like that - from what I know, Sid is trying to be thrown out, but still!!!! Also, the acting needs to improve big time - so far Sid is watchable, Naina needs urgent voice modulation and toning down of her mannerisms, JP is okay.

Yuvraj is unimpressive so far but he has an interesting storyline and may improve.

Tamanna is - so far - unwatchable! Why does she have to look like she's going to cry all the time?! I hated Gunjan when MJHT started off because of that, stopped watching it - and came back to find such a beautiful character. Now I don't have the patience to do the same for Tamanna. If she improves, I'll watch - quite happily, because I don't miss AR.

Also, please stop trying to give us AR and the old characters back in new avatars. Give us some new characters. When Sanjeevani came back as DMG, everything was fresh and new - do the same again.

PS. Feel nostalgic for AR, old DMG and the good old blog. Those were good days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...