Friday, August 6, 2010

LOOK AT ME ... and 'I'll never come near you again'.

5th August

Showdown at last. Samrat stops Gunjan .. how long are you going to keep running away. and from whom? Yourself?
She clings to him ... don't do this to me. I don't want to love you again. Don't make me. And even when she backs away, she covers his mouth with her hand ... it's still her right - to be able to touch him ...
But is it? What is she doing? She wants to go away from him, not have any rights over him. And so she speaks again, hurtful words, harsh words, accusing him ... you've been trying to make me remember, to love you again ... yes, you know me so well, I'm like an open book to you ... but I don't want to be. Because you have given me only pain.
And that hurts him like nothing else has done. Has he given her only pain? Never any happiness at all?
He tries to explain, but she says no. I don't want to talk to you ever again.

And so he loses his cool. For once. If she doesn't want to talk to him ever again, what does he have to lose? But he WILL make her listen this one last time ... make her understand that he didn't do all this to win her, but only to win back her happiness, even if that be away from him. He gave her pain, he wanted to heal it. His penance, his making amends. And she has to understand that.
Look at me.
She doesn't.
Look at me.
She still doesn't. Tries to twist her hand away, to go away, to leave, because if she stays and listens, she will weaken again, she knows.
LOOK ... AT ... ME.

And she has to. Pulled so close to him, she has finally no choice. To listen. And to see his pain for the very first time. Again a pain she has been closing her eyes and heart to.

Whatever I did, was not to make you love me, to bring you back into my life. It was only to see that smile back on your face, a smile that had disappeared because of me. I only ever wanted to see you happy. And if ... and if, by my closeness, by what i say or do, I cause you any pain ... I swear ... I will never come near you again.

And she has to see his pain now, his torment, his grief ... in the tears he is finally letting flow. She can't close her eyes to it any more. But it's too late ... as he slowly and deliberatly disengages her hands from his coat, and releases them. And the tears are running down his cheeks as he lets her go ... for the last time. And she knows he means it ... he will never come near her again. It's his final goodbye. As her hands reach out instinctively to hold the ones releasing her grasp ... as though her life itself is slipping out of her fingers ...
And he goes ... without looking back. Leaving her bereft, and truly alone. More alone than the day her sister died, more alone than any time in her life ... he was her life, he still is her life ... and she let him go.
What has she done?

If I was to rate scenes, this scene and the "Meri Chashmish" scene would fight for top spot - not only for SG but for the entire show. SUPERB scene - superb set up, emotions, dialogues ... but MOST of all, the ACTING was SUPERLATIVE. And if anything, Mohit outshone Sanaya here - she was the star in Meri Chashmish, but today was his day - a long extremely emotional speech, with a mix of multiple emotions, he was just outstanding today - simply outstanding, his dialogue delivery was amazing, voice modulation spot on and emotions simply perfect. And the last bit, where they are still holding hands, he releases her hands gently, and she half reaches out as though to stop him ... AMAZING. This scene will stay in my mind as one of the TOP scenes of MJHT - no question about that.

Mayank Dia scenes ... Mayank seeing Nups everywhere, Dia begins to think he has lost it.
RoAsh having dinner ... Ro almost lets out about SG, Ash confused.

Samrat puts away his last pictures of Gunjan ... it's over. Finally. He failed.
The bell rings.

Gunjan at Mayank's door - Jiju (back to jiju now) ... why didn't you come for the play?
Dia tells Samrat about Nupur, about her visions. And Mayank's disturbing behaviour. Don't worry, Dia, That's normal for Mayank. The moment Nups is anywhere near, M loses his brainpower.
Mayank tells Gunjan joyfully Nupur is still alive. Gunjan is shell shocked.

link:
Samrat Gunjan confrontation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...