Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Disappointing editing ...

3rd Aug

Mayank and Dia search for Nupur throughout the episode in the breaks of the play ... BAD editing, breaks the tension of the play completely.

Play starts with Shukla Sir's announcement ... with Paro and diya scene. Gunjan is tense, messing up her lines completely ... will Dev come? RoAsh prompting her, Shukla and Sam getting worried ... is she going to mess up in her tension? As she looks for Dev in the wings ...

And then he comes ... and Paro runs to the side shyly as he enters and says her name ... and Gunjan turns at the sound, for she knows his voice - Samrat? He says - I had to come, because I can never leave you.
Is it Dev telling Paro he loves her? Or Samrat reassuring Gunjan? As they slip between the two roles, meshing them with each other, it becomes difficult to tell where one starts and the other leaves off, because both couples share one thing, their deep, passionate, all consuming love ...
Then Dev turns to leave, and Paro stops him ... everyone I loved, left me ... and you too? And he says, because we can't be together, it will hurt everyone. Our being together will be more painful than our separation ... it's better we stay apart.

It would have been. If SaJan had stayed together after the accident, their being together would have hurt both of them. Like Jordan and Dana. They needed the space, the time apart. But have they done their penance?
Paro lashes out ... you're worried about everyone else, but what about me? My feelings, my pain? The years I spent waiting for you? And Gunjan cries out too ... where did I have an outlet for my pain? I spent these years waiting so that I could lash out at you ... because I can. And she remembers when she went into his arms so naturally when her emotions took over ... for once, when she let her emotions rule, the only place she needed was him.
Paro - You can't go. You can't leave me.
Gunjan - Don't give up on me. Because I need you. No matter how much I lash out, no matter how angry I am with you, I need you.

He says, no. Life has dealt us such a hand that we're helpless under the circumstances.
Paro/ Gunjan ... now the two are intertwined - I don't care about life, circumstances, I can't give up my life, my love for them.
But he still says no. You don't understand.

And she says - maybe I don't. But for the first time, i know what I want. And you don't understand. When you do, I hope it's not too late.

They look at each other. Is it Dev Paro? Or Samrat Gunjan?
Then he turns to leave.
And she puts out a hand to stop him.

BAD BAD editing!!!! We needed the play in one long scene, maximum two. It's been chopped brutally!
Acting - Mohit's acting definitely below par, esp after the last few days when he's been very good. Today he just wasn't convincing at all, though his dialogue delivery was ok.
Sanaya was lost in the first bit, when she was supposed to be tense, not very effective. She got better later, once Dev entered and she could say her dialogues naturally. The part where she says - I know what I want, but you don't understand ... beautiful. Gunjan and Paro merged seamlessly.
naveen's sbb and sbs links
SBS Dev Paro
SBB Dev Paro

SG as Dev Paro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...