Saturday, March 20, 2010

Baby track

Analysis on episodes later - if I have time, but here are thoughts on the baby track.

WHY?
Where is it going? What is the whole point behind it?
Is it only a comedy track which will end on 1st April - in which case, viewers will be the biggest fools.

I don't mind comedy, I'm a fairly uncritical viewer of MJHT , as long as Samrat Gunjan are maintained (my main reason for watching), and as long as I get entertained by gang and MN nautanki - yes, MN are only for nautanki for me, I don't see any great love story there - I can put up with pretty much anything, however illogical it is - case in point, Gunjan's paralysis and recovery. I don't watch MJHT for 'inspiration', for social messages, lessons on life, I don't even watch it for moral policing - am far too old for a tv show to take care of my morals, and as for the younger viewers, their morals are their problem and those of their parents. But I do want some logic and sense in a story. Although the baby track is entertaining, I don't see ANY logic in the storyline - presuming there is a storyline at all.

WHy would five 19 year olds be so convinced that one of them IS the dad of an unknown baby?
Even if they were, wouldn't it be logical for them to start thinking about the mother and who she could be, rather than who's going to take care of the baby? For how long do they plan to take care of the baby? Till she grows up and tells them who her father is?
Are they not planning to do ANYTHING about finding out who the real parents are? Or at least the real mom? That would solve the dad problem, wouldn't it?
Why do they want to hide it from the girls at all? Okay, Mayank, agreed - his wife's a shrew and is already suspecting him of infidelity. But what about the others? Why should Samrat hide it from Suhani? She's his sister - he could confide in her. Or in Dia - her love story hasn't started yet, so she's not really bothered who the dad would be and she might be of help.

In other words, where is the beginning, middle and end of the story? Or is this just going to be a bunch of comedy scenes?
Just want to know ... if this is like a Govinda movie, with absolutely no head or tail, I'll watch it from that perspective and enjoy it. And I'll stop looking for logic - till now, all the tracks have had some kind of story thread, this one, I really don't see any.

Naveen's links
Monaya and baby

Monaya & KSG

Bad timing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...