Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

To all my blog readers, wishing you all a wonderful New Year 20176. Hope this year is full of health, happiness and prosperity for all of you and your families, and brings us all here more reasons to stay in touch ... which usually means a new Sanaya show!!!

The year started for me on a very pleasant and peaceful note, with a trip I had been planning for a long time, and when it materialised, it happened almost overnight! So it started with a wish fulfilment  for me. Hope more of my wishes ... and all of our collective ones ... are fulfilled this year too.

I first started writing  because of a very special onscreen couple, SRK and Kajol ... and between the end of last year and this one, the old memories were revived with the 20th anniversary of DDLJ and the release of Dilwale ... a pretty crappy movie on the whole, with a half-baked story (make that, almost no story) ... but I still enjoyed it because of the magic these two create on screen. After MNIK, I had given up any hope or expectation of seeing them together again on screen, but I still wished fervently that they would come together again. So Dilwale was another wish fulfilment for me. And it says much for the magic of this couple, that even with the half baked story of Dilwale, they have already stirred my writing juices again.

And a third wish fulfilment ... a very dear friend got in touch out of the blue ... someone you all know and love ... she's the life and sunshine of this blog! Shwethu, believe this or not, I've been thinking so much about you the last month or so ... was in India over the last month, and I picked up the phone so many times to call you ... except that the India phone I was using, was a DABBA!!!! So getting your email was such a wonderful surprise ... it seems you got all those calls through telepathy, when Airtel failed!!!! Will reply to you on mail ... but I just got back home yesterday, and your mail galvanised me into making the New Year post!!!

I hope you all brought in the new year with your loved ones, and here's wishing all of you a wonderful New Year! 

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful 2016 as well, Dia! Wishing you a great year ahead and would love to see more of your writing, being selfish here :-) Love your blog and love your writing!
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Dia, I made it to the main post*yipppeeeeee*

    Thanks a ton Dia and biggggggggggggggggggg hugggggggggggg to all my friends here.

    Sorry for being MIA *Unfortunately I kinda do that often, don't I? Sigh*

    I saw Dilwale and I actually liked it. The way I see it, this was SRK's way of saying, bas, ab last pucca!!! Wait for Raees and you will forget the disaster that was HNY!!

    I watched the first episode of IPK Returns or whatever it was called.

    I will be polite and say my respect and the temptation to send an online flipkart link for Razor, Lawnmower, Men's Grooming products.....CONTINUES!!!!

    Ugggh..........Why oh god why????!!!

    The first scene, Where Barun *ignoring the HAIRBUSH (NO TYPO HERE)* looks confused and is able to bring so many minute fleeting emotions so effortlessly made me want to scream," Enough!! Get out of your home and start working. You looked and acted the best WHEN you were actually working hard. Now the Break has done absolutely nothing for him as actor - professionally as well as personally*rant over*

    I am watching on and off, Yeh Vaada Raha - a show on Zee. The ensemble acting is quite good. The leads are good, story is ok and the best part it can be unintentionally very funny - TOTALLY my kind of show*grins*







    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oye ... I tried Yeh Vaada Raha ... sorry, cannot sit through it, yaar!!! I tried another Zee show Tashan E Ishq ... it was tolerable for some time, till I lost track ... except that the FL shrieks!!! No voice modulation at all!

      Lol on your temptation for hair and grooming products ... you're joking on the emotions, right? He looked confused all right ... fair enough, Arnav (can I call him that? it was Barun through and through the episodes) had just woken up. The rest ... the guy needs to go back to work all right ... he seems to have forgotten how to act ... But one thing he hasn't forgotten is how to ... MUMBLE!!! Whose bright idea it was to make him narrator, I don't know ... don't the team know he can't enunciate to save his life?!

      I liked Dilwale only for SRK Kajol ... the story was a rehash of Hum, and done so badly ... but theek hai, I have a soft spot for that jodi ... can watch anything with them.

      Baaki on the newer posts ... saw I hadn't replied to you here, so came back :)

      Delete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...