Friday, June 3, 2011

Title song ... Meet Arnav and Khushi

This torrent means that I have no time to comment ... just keep adding links to follow what's going on!
Finally editing ...:)

So one article on names of new shows being based on songs ... Bade Achhe Lagte Hain takes the cake, of course, for being the longest title - not just the line, the entire first stanza lolzzz. I love the song, and I love the new version sung by Shreya Ghoshal, she has such a beautiful voice ... and the old-worldliness of the song suits the age of the characters.

And next on the list is Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Dun? ... before the show even starts airing, from the promo articles, the song seems apt for the theme, but will have to watch the show to see how it really fits. Wonder if they will do a new song for the show ... would be quite happy if they did, because although Sonu is a great singer, I'm not that fond of the song.
Song based titles

Meet the characters - starting with Arnav.
Meet Arnav Singh Raizada
Different character? Really? Oh well, I guess no actor in his right mind would say he's doing the same old run-of-the-mill stuff ... remains to be seen if BS can actually make it different.

Meet Khushi ... opposites do attract
Well, Gunjan and Sanaya both know all about that ... does Khushi feel the same way?
Meet Khushi

Again, same comment - different? Sounds very much like Gunjan to me, minus the big sister worship - which is such a big relief that I'm ready to watch almost anything now!

More thoughts - Sanaya-centric as usual ;)
What caught my interest - BS saying that San is very hard-working and focused on her character, and Sanaya saying that she's finding her character very difficult to get into.

I found Gunjan awkward and unconvincing the first few weeks of MJHT, and when I tuned in again during the bet episodes, I found a sea change. Partly, of course, the character of Gunjan appealed to me - a LOT. But looking back in the wake of this interview, I now think that it was also partly due to Sanaya finding her feet as Gunjan - it took some time for her to switch into the Gunjan mould. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Gunjan and Sanaya were poles apart, not just in character and dialogues, but in body language, way of talking, way of smiling, laughing ... Sanaya moulded herself into Gunjan so completely that if you met Sanaya on the street, you would never even realise that she was Gunjan.

The few promos of IPK that we've seen, in the chirpy parts, Khushi reminds me of Sanaya. Gunjan never did.

So, even though the basic character might be somewhat similar to Gunjan's, am thinking ... and hoping ... that it will be sufficiently different to actually BE different. And judging by the hard work Sanaya puts into her work, and the one end-result I have seen - Gunjan - am pretty confident that Sanaya will make it happen.

1 comment:

  1. And WHY oh WHY are people so fixated on Khushi's looks??? Or rather, Sanaya's looks ... this is not Sanaya in the show - it's KHUSHI!!! Why is that so difficult to understand?
    *head desk* 100 times over!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...