Thursday, June 23, 2011

22/6 - Epi 13 ... ArShi phone convo

Worth watching for the two minutes of the ArShi phone convo ... and relief that Khushi knew what a computer was. The way they were portraying her, I was afraid she would ask if it was a tv.

And slight relief that Khushi managed to carry out all the instructions fired at her by Lame ma'am - reminded me of the scene from Devil wears Prada - though Lame ma'am is of course nowhere NEAR Meryl Streep *sigh* goddess of the silver screen ... but Khushi gave a damn good imitation of Anne Hathaway scurrying to carry out her orders ... wonder if they will carry that further and show her messing up, yet still managing to get her work done. Don't care much ... just don't want Khushi to become more of a caricature than she has already become. The rest of the bimbos - don't know, don't care.

ArShi phone conversation - cute, funny, and had a sensible Khushi ... or reasonably so. The ArShi scenes should be good ... their confrontations hold promise to be crackling, and their close scenes even more so.

Just one question - is that Mary Poppins bag that Khushi carries around? In the warehouse, all it had was a tiffin, a file and a comb, by the time she reached office, it acquired Devi maiyya with all her paraphernalia, chunnis and all.
Oh, and there was some random scene with naani, bakri, mami and Anjali ... and the mandatory teasing telephone convo between Arnav and Anjali. Does Anjali ever speak to her husband at all?

All in all, watch without expectations and I can watch the show for Sanaya and ArShi. Switch off logic and thinking ... wait, why did I even have it turned on in the first place? This is Indian telly!

Links
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

@P, got your message - yep, I hope too it's just teething problems, because the promos give off a totally different feel than the episodes. I want the intense serious part of the story to start! Although I like seeing Sanaya in this new avatar, my preference for strong, sensible female leads doesn't allow me to appreciate her silliness for so long! Anyway, don't go by my updates - watch for yourself whenever you have the time and give me your feedback, here or on mail. Are you still watching BALH?

2 comments:

  1. hehehe...to the bimbos, bakri and mobile mandir in Khushi's mary poppin's bag!!! Yeh kya ho raha hain??!!! If they give such a prominent lead role to the bakri phir show ke hero ka kya hoga re??!! lol ;p

    Hey bhagwan D, since when have you been expecting strong, sensible female leads from these shows??!! ...hope you are sitting comfortably coz you are in for a long wait!!! lol...the average age of heroines in these shows is 18!!!! ...I rest my case!!! ;p

    yes, yes, yes...am watching BALH and really liking it!!! :-) Have to adjust my daily MSK viewing schedule from now on...so that I can fit in BALH and now IPK too!! Lol... Let's see if I manage to do it!! ;p

    P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolzz ... see, that's why I was missing you! The moment my expectations start to rise, you bring me back down to earth with a bang! Point taken - I will NOT expect sensible girls ... only watering pots or silly bimbos ... that's the only two extremes our writers seem to be able to visualise :)

    Am watching BALH too ... enjoying the leads the most, the rest are fairly typical Ekta parivar types ;) I like Ram - quirky and eccentric ... they're portraying him as though he's 60 plus, but he's funny!

    And hey bhagwan, I have to watch Mukti Bandhan also ... life promises to be very busy soon ... how much work all this is! *rofl*

    ReplyDelete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...