Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sexy actresses

Saw a post on the forum about Karan Wahi ranking sexy actresses on the Indian tv screen ;) Must say, the choices the poor guy was given were fairly pathetic, consisting of most of the saas-bahu types on the screen, including Hina, Ankita and even Ragini - hey, I like the girl, but even her most ardent fans wouldn't be able to call her sexy - her Meethi Chhoori segment proved that!

Anyway, so got me thinking - are there any sexy actresses on Indian telly today? Apart from Sanaya, of course - she makes my list with awesome ease!

So my version of that list, probably colored a lot by the fact that I don't like overtly sexy, HAWT stuff, there has to be a mix of innocence and sexiness which really gets the scene sizzling. Which is why Sanaya makes this list with ease, and jumps straight to the top.

So Sanaya on number one - porcelain perfect peaches and cream complexion, a figure to die for, hazel eyes that are amazingly expressive, and a sweetness and innocence and sparkle in her face that lights up the screen, making her a complete scene stealer. She doesn't have perfect features, but her eyes are beautiful, and her smile is simply stunning. added to which, she looks gorgeous in whatever she wears, her simple Gunjan outfits, or her usual offscreen Western ones. She has an amazing dress sense, simple, chic and very elegant, and can look smashing in almost all colors under the sun - I really can't think of ANYONE else who could have looked so stunning in grey.

Shilpa Anand - I don't care for her as an actress much, but sexy she is. Although it was Armaan that attracted me to DMG, SA as Ridz had much to do with their chemistry. Again not perfect features, but there is some sweetness in her face, and she can look sexy in the simplest salwar kameez.

Rakshandha Khan - getting more actresses in this list was surprisingly difficult, till I remembered Meethi Chhoori, which had brought together some of the best ones! And Rakshandha again makes this list - she has grace, elegance, and a poise and confidence which would be intimidating to most men except the very confident ones.

Karishma Tanna is the next, again from Meethi Chhoori - haven't seen either of these actresses in their usual saas-bahu roles, which is probably why I can see them as sexy!

Sangeeta Ghosh - doesn't act much now, but in her day she was sexy - remembering her from her scenes with Varun Badola in DMNHC, and from her other show with 4 sisters - very pretty, and her sensuous scenes were good.

Can't think of any more!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm must say most of our choices match on the topic barring one ... Sangeeta dont really find her sexy or attractive honestly

    But one who could replace her in my list would be Chanadana Sharma aka Damini of LNMDJ - the gal was effortlessly classy and could slip into a sari with as much grace and femininity as she could don a sorta cowgirl look while she was shown riding those horses!!

    I rem a scene of hers and Gaurav as Prithvi where she walks out in a black net sari - not even a word said and the screen scorched.. that was oomph and sexiness to me.. Sangeeta never could make me think that ...

    and as for the choices poor KW had ... lets see
    I would definitely call Ankita & Hina beautiful, they are attractive gals and look good in Indian outfits.. haven't seen their western avatar much to judge on the later but definitely I cannot visualize em sexy... well perhaps a makeover might change my opinion of them... at least for Ankita she does seem to have the potential not quite sure about Hina though..

    Ragini is sweet .. kinda a pixie face .. but nope not sexy.. not at all

    Jenny now she is cute definitely .. has a charming face pleasant to look at especially when she is smiling.. but if these are my options hell Yeah I would rank her as numero uno too in the sexymeter.. she can carry off things gracefully and look comfortable at the same time effortlessly..

    and as for the last option on the cards... wow do the gr8 people really have some serious concussion that seems to have affected their brains... have they even seen what a cross between a vampire and a wannabe Goth she looked as she was on the cover of their Jan issue... are they so blind?

    oh well not totally actually on all counts... who could have been better a better poster-couple then Ar[ghhhh]- Teeeeee of an issue which had the coverpage screma - DATE RAPE SCARE in those fonts which are used to depict Horror... while the topics of the issue ranged from TV goes trashy for TRP's ... and the Gutter ROFL...

    All I can say is poor KW and all the other men to have this option on the list too... I would pick Reshmi Desai over her if I had an option to replace a name from the list... she is definitely not sexy , doesnt have any oomph ... has worked in those Bhojpuri movies .. but definitely I haven't seen a pic of hers with armpit jungle screaming to be paid attention too for its eradication !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, how could I forget, definitely Chandana aka Damini - that was a couple I also found sexy, in fact I gave Dil Se Diya Vachan a try just for Gaurav because I liked the PriDa couple, and Chandana had that sensuous look for sure.

    But no, plzzzzz ... not Reshmi Desai ... she's the most wannabe of the lot .. even more than VBB! As for VBB, haven't even bothered to comment on her really - the Gr8 cover said it all - and trashy is NOT sexy! Am sure that cover story title wasn't coincidental - it was just too strategically positioned!

    Was acyually trying to remember more sexy girls, but there is a strange dearth of them - even among the Meethi Chhoori bunch, there were just a few who stood out. Although that show had a lot of pretty classy girls - I like Ragini quite a lot, actually, but she's just too manly and hatti-katti to be sexy!
    Ankita - saw her in some different outfits on JDJ, so I say again - pretty, sweet faced, she has the typical Maharashtrian looks, but not very sexy really - would rank above the other three, so KW putting her at number 2 is justified.

    Jenni - again, pretty, she's a decent actress, although she gets very Ekta-fied when she cries, she does that saas-bahu type hysterical bawling - but apart from that, when she had an intense track going with KW in DMG, that was the time I watched her - and I agree again with him - she could be called sexy, among the lot on that list, she wd be my first pick too.

    Umm, Hina I really don't know - cannot think of her as sexy at all, that trembling lip and her Naitikji both put me off big time! If I ever saw her in normal clothes, I might make a different call. So she would tie for last place for me with VBB, and the only reason Ragini would be at 3 above them both is because I just like her better as an actress - still think she's on the wrong list though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is Dia honestly if i were to rank that list my ranking would be as follows
    1 Jennifer
    2 Ankita
    3 Ragini
    4 Hina
    and no 5 - rejected not qualified ..entry totally not worthy enough to be even considered on the list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe ... that's because your list is restricted to human beings - doesn't include V's, in backless blouses or otherwise, cows or any other species from the animal kingdom ... and that of course, includes RATZ! :D

    Need I say it - my list is the same, but like I said, poor KW and all those guys who had to do that ranking! They actually had to be polite!

    ReplyDelete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...