Friday, November 12, 2010

Magical Mesmerising Sajan

11 Nov episode

Am still caught in the SaJan spell after last night, so this is really going to be a rambling post! :)))
The SaJan story couldn't have asked for or gotten a better ending than this magical night and amazing proposal. A proposal which was completely SaJanish, and had the essence of the couple I have grown to love and adore over the last 1 1/2 years, their initial essence as well as the growth that has taken place in both these characters over the course of this story. And as I look back through their eyes at their journey, it hits home again how much MJHT was really all about the magical Sajan journey, the 'stud' boy and the 'shy' girl and how the two changed both themselves and each other - from complete opposites to two halves of a perfect whole.
She taught him the meaning of friendship and love, and he in turn showed her how to love till it hurt, to always give and never take in love, she brought the colors of the rainbow into his life, he showed the colors of the world beyond her glasses, she changed his life and he did hers ... till all they want and need is to be with each other till the end of time ... and to die with each other too, because living without each other is not an option.

And so ... the episode and the proposal ... line by magical line ...
First scene - MNU and SG ... MN fight continues, Gunjan takes Mayank aside, Sam takes Nups ... and as Gunji tries to calm down a glowering Mayank, Sam takes Nupur through her journey with Mayank, why she fell in love with him at all ... and tells her ... we men are like that, we only know how to love, when we fight, it's our love, and when we love, we just love ... as Gunjan looks at him, her heart in her eyes.
and Mayank tells Gunjan - no one can love you as much as this guy can ... and Gunjan knows that's true.
Cute Uday ... is Nupur pregnant? Gunji rolls her eyes, Sayank are resigned to their bro-in-law's intellect by now - they just laugh ... and MNU leave ...

And I cannot do justice to the scenes which follow ... Monaya at their very best ... totally dreamy, totally Sajan-ish ... and completely beautiful ...
Gunjan shy, blushing, yet excited, anticipating the best moment of her life, can almost feel her heartbeat speeding up ... Samrat for once tongue-tied, he doesn't know what to say, although he's dying to say it ... so she shows him his chit.
And he stares at her ... you knew?! And she nods shyly and looks down again.
Samrat: that's why you told me to go down on my knees ...
and she smiles again, at herself this time ... he laughs too, but he's nervous again, the words still not coming ... they're both tongue-tied because this is the most important moment of their lives ...
Gunjan: this is the most perfect moment of my life ...
Sam: mine too - but everything I'd planned has gone wrong ...
Has it really? Because they don't need planning, grand settings, fancy sets - they never did. They started at a chai stall, their confession was on a terrace in Morena, first date in a locked classroom ... they've only ever needed each other, and their words come out from the depth of their hearts.
So he holds her hand and takes her to the terrace again ... another Sajan haunt ... again lost for words ...
he says, I'd planned so much, your favourite flowers ... and Uday rains flowers on them, to the surprise and delight of both,
Sam says, I'd called violinists, but ... and the violin girls come in ... and they're both enchanted ...
so they just look at each other, as though drinking in the sight, smiles of sheer happiness and joy ... and Sam says - Chashmish, mera dil ...
She says - it's beating fast, isn't it? He nods, she smiles again and says - ok, pretend you're proposing to a monkey ...

The first lesson he ever gave her to get her over her fears of facing others - that's why he says, those are my lines ...

and she laughs, what to do, over the years even I've become a bit like you ...

Yes, that's the beauty of their journey, their story ... they've changed each other without meaning to, without wanting or even needing to ... a role reversal here, he's the nervous tongue-tied one, and she's the one encouraging him ... as always, whenever one is weak, the other is their strength, and they take it in turns, an equal partnership if ever there was one, because it's based on the truest foundation - love and trust in equal measure ...
Love the way they just keep looking at each other and smiling, as though the sight of each other is their biggest joy ...

And then he asks her - my chit?
She takes his hand to his heart, and then to hers - no, Samrat, no speeches today, no rehearsal. Just speak from your heart and the words will reach mine ...
I AM DEAD ... (just by the way ... this is my aatma typing)
So he goes down on one knee and his words spill out ... I thought I was the ultimate love guru ... till you came into my life and changed it forever. You filled my life with color, you filled my world. If ever I cracked a joke, I first to see your reaction, if I scored a basket, I looked if you saw, if I failed, I hid from you, but if I passed, I had to share it with you. You became my life ...

And Gunjan goes down on her knees to him ... and you became mine. You taught me what love was all about, you showed me a world beyond my glasses, you showed me a mirror to myself ... you taught me that love is all about giving, because you gave me all the happiness in the world, and never asked for anything in return ...

And she cups his face with her hand - please, Samrat, never let this love fade.
And he promises, never ... not when we're old and grey ...
She tells him, tears running down her cheeks - you'll switch off the lights at night ... because he told her MN fought about that ... he tells her - and every morning you'll be the first thing I see ...
She holds his face again - you'll always, always call me Chashmish ... she had taken that name away from him, and that had hurt him the deepest, now it's her promise that never will she go so far from him again, because when she's Chashmish, she's his ... his and only his Chashmish ...
And when I die, it will be in your arms ...

And me in yours ... because life without you is not life ...

And then finally, both in tears, because they almost lost each other, and it was like losing themselves, they can't go through that again ... he says ...
So, Miss Gunjan Bhushan, will you marry me?
And she nods ... he slips the ring on her finger ... and they're together again ... at last, never to be parted.

I was numb after the Vnite episode earlier this year ... after this one, I was crying and smiling at the same time. Magical Monaya back again - and WHAT a performance! It came from the heart and it showed. Simply, utterly beautiful!
Am glad this is the finale of MJHT - they can't outdo this, and honestly, with the culmination of the Sajan journey, there is nothing left to be shown. Just hope we get a wedding - but even if we don't, this episode has left me completely satisfied. This is THE END of MJHT for me ... and a more beautiful end I couldn't have asked for.

Samrat's proposal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...