Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gunjan's letter

29 Sept episode
Gunjan's letter was very similar to what I had thought it would be. Liked it. Love that girl's voice - it's so expressive and soft. Now if only she would work on her facial expressions and stop looking so worried all the time - give some variety to them. Actually, how many ways are there to look sad? She's doing quite a good job - hope her character becomes less one-dimensional than what it has been recently and perks up a bit in Morena.
Samrat/ Mohit does need to work on his expressions - he looked less haunted and anguished than I could have wanted. I liked his dialoges when he read the letter, but his expressions could have been much better - he could have reacted better to each of the parts where he looked up.
Arjun/Mayank is so expressionless - I understand he's supposed to be the inscrutable strong silent type, who doesn't let his emotions show, but he just looks a little blank in most scenes! In the locker room scene, I thought he was sitting in the loo - maybe constipated! And for once, I was disappointed with his mother scene - you want your son to woo Nupur in filmy style??? Please no! Enough DDLJ rip offs already!
Blooper - Nupur doesn't have a cell phone! So whom did Mayank call??? :)))
I hope Nupur doesn't give in so easily this time. I think the twist in their story should be a break up - they stay apart and that makes them miss each other. Though I still don't really understand their love story - doesn't look like love to me. I mean - Mayank doesn't even let Nupur defend herself, and is perfectly ready to believe Dia-Benji-Uday that she didn't tell them about MN? So their word is stronger than hers??? And look at Samrat - he didn't need Gunjan to say a word to know that what Sheena accused her of was a lie! He didn't hesitate for a second to defend her. Nope, I MUCH prefer SG to MN as a couple.
I hope, I hope, I hope they don't use 'tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam' on Samrat - Gunjan. No way these two can come even close to SRK-Kajol! I would actually like to see a song-less confession. I think they're both pretty good in emotional scenes, Sanaya especially.

As for emotional bonding as many of the MN fans keeps wanting - WHAT emotional bonding??!! do they have any? She's in love with a dream - none of her flashbacks were particularly pleasant, and he - I'm still not sure if he's in love at all!

Free tomorrow onwards - can write more!

youtube links - part 2
part 3 - the letter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...