Thursday, May 19, 2016

Anddd ... she's BACK!!!! Well ... almost!!!

Halleluiah ... news of Sanaya's return ... or probable return ... on SP!!!

I would have celebrated madly maybe a year ago ... now with SP doing daily shows 7 days a week, their writing going for a toss, and their shows all fumbling and stumbling, am not as ecstatic as I might have been.

But even with that, SP has been trying out new ideas ... Everest, Ek Haseena Thi, and now Tamanna and Dehleez being good examples ... and they have stayed away from naagins, daayans, chudails and black magic. So you win some, you lose some. SP and Sony have some of the best shows currently on air  (also some very mediocre ones) ... Sony doesn't get TRPs ... neither has SP been getting good TRPs for some time ... but the kind of shows which are getting TRPs, are not the kind Sanaya wants to do, or I want to see. So hoping for the best for San ... hope this show gets confirmed soon. Her two big hits have been under the Star umbrella ... MJHT and IPK ... hope this third one is the biggest and best one yet.

First news ... came yesterday


Posted by DOP Hrishikesh Gandhi ... first inking that Sanaya is shooting something. That explains her complete and utter radio silence since the last three weeks ... when she is at the brink of starting a new show, she goes completely underground.

Tweet from SBS

Saas Bahu Aur Sazish @SBSABPNews
sanaya irani kis liye , kahan kar rahi hai shoot ??? janiye aaj 2.24 only on @abpnewstv
And finally the segment ... brief but enough for the moment!!!

Sanaya Mock Shoot for Star Plus new show
Hope the newbie is good ... memories of a certain Farhan Khan are still vivid. This will be a big ticket show for SP, so hope they get someone who can actually act. Tamanna and Dehleez have decent actors, but Silsila has horrendous ones, so keeping fingers crossed. Chances are there might be another male lead as well, waiting for more news. 
Edited to add the SBB segment, which said pretty much the same thing a day later. SBS is associated with SP, so their SP news is fairly reliable.

https://www.facebook.com/TellyNewsSegments/videos/1721739911427732/

5 comments:

  1. Yayyyy!!!! That's one awesome news to look forward to. All her fans have been badly waiting for this. Hope it comes through and we get to see our sunshine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so too!!! TV is boring without Sanaya ... will update as and when I get any news.

      Delete
    2. Yeah sure do it at your convenience. More than Arshi or Parud, I have been a fan of Sajan n Mjht. But I don't think Monaya will ever work together. The chances are quite bleak. But still Sanaya's comeback brings the much needed relief to the Tele viewers just as monsoon does. They must have got hell bored seeing those snakes and phantoms. Lol. A few months back I read your FF Wish Upon A Star. I just fell in love with it. So realistic and a bit different yet the essence of the show and its character still intact. How well you have understood the characters of Samrat and Gunjan. And not to forget Tarana and Vidya as well. I joined IF last year only so couldn't reply anything on it. I am also following your blog now. When I came across your ramblings about MJHT, I was like, OMG how similar our thoughts are. Earlier, I used to watch that show with a fan-girly attitude. After so many years, seeing your thoughts on it, once again I started watching it but with a more critical angle and I found your views astonishingly true. Really you had nailed it. Not only MJHT I have also watched bits of IPKKND, CC and RR with a neutral view and you were correct all d time. You must be getting bored seeing my soooooo long reply but I couldn't help but write it. Just the way you liked MJHT for the character Gunjan, I am also a fan of Gunjan more than that of Samrat. I too have a story in my mind based on them and plan to write it soon. Thank you for being such a great inspiration.

      Truly yours,
      Srushti aka Chashmish ( I am one too, lol)

      Delete
  2. 5 years of ipkknd. Did you remember dia??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ratna, yes, I remembered, but am travelling and very busy, so could not make a post,though I did plan to make one. Can't believe it's been five years since the show started. Am so happy for Sanaya, it gave her her biggest hit yet ... now I hope her next is finalised soon, and is even bigger and better than IPK.

      Delete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...