Friday, May 6, 2011

Strangely moving

The Gaurav Vidya scenes last night were strangly moving, especially the last rain scene. Brough back echoes of SG in a way, and also I liked the way they dealt with the emotions of the two. The scene kept me on my toes, everytime I felt it was going down the same cliched path, it surprised me, and the way the two maintained a respect and dignity in their confrontation was the unique point. Was expected up to the point when Aarti stormed off without saying a word, leaving Gaurav staring distraught after her, was expected when Vidya came out after them ... again a nuance I liked, a reality check, Gaurav actually went back inside to pay the bill!

And then they drove off, Vidya still chirping away, trying to be normal - no wonder Gaurav snapped with that irritating high voice going on and on. Then the confrontation in the rain, and this was what moved me - the fact that both of them never yelled at each other, kept their dignity intact and tried to keep the other's dignity as well. Gaurav says, I respect you and your feelings, but I'm helpless, I can't reciprocate, because she was in my life before you were. (doesn't have any good reason why he didn't maary Aarti yet, unless I've missed it). And Vidya - here came the unexpected bit - I thought she would throw tantrums as usual, accuse him of messing up her life, ask him what right he had to marry her if he didn't intend to keep those vows. But instead she disarmed him completely by apologising, by calling her behaviour childish antics, by saying sorry - and that made him feel even worse. So both land up apologising to each other, a rain scene - but truly one which was different! Interesting - let's see where they will go from here.

Missed SGP - need to catch up with the Panna track, the only thing holding my interest these days! The Suhana-Ishan letter comedy is getting more and more crass day by day. And are they ever going to have a Sanju-Deepak track at all?

2 comments:

  1. Dia do we have some telepathic connection or what ?! OMGG I loved the Gaurav Vidya scene too and just when I too thought they may go the cliche way the makers surprised me... I as you know dint follow Maryada as keenly but these past few days made me change my mind and I am so loving this Vidya Gaurav track not to mention Devyani ... that woman is phenomenal if her scenes with the SSP are anything but brilliant I so so loved her scene last night with Vidya and the way it was Vidya who was comforting her, rather then accuse her MIL when she learns the truth I m so glad they are concentrating back on the story and the characters as for SGP its one insanity after another in the Kashyap household but Panna Raunaq are my interests too atm I so am in love with the fact how Panna' MIL has changed so so much over the time and was in fact even helping out with the household work by doing her bit.. circumstances, especially testing as the ones that woman saw at her age did rectify her - changing the age-old perception people can never change when in fact they can... even the toughest person, the meanest person can melt and change their ways if .. if at a point and age in life when they are at perhaps their most vulnerable physically and experienced, well versed with life mentally; an emotional blow can creak the most feisty spirits too... plus what has intrigued me is how Raunaq though back now has not ever tried to contact his mom but does call, email panna... yet just cant seem to muster enough courage to face her, though letting her know he is close by, nearer then she thinks and knows... how will this phase be dealt with between this couple is what I am watching out for... as for the upcoming amnesia track... lets just say I have given up on the leads of this show wayyyyyy back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Aani, nice to see you back after ages :) Yes, I have just caught up with Maryada after almost three weeks off, and now that the main stories are back on track, am enjoying the show. I did find the imagination of Devyani predictable - in the sense, I knew it would be her imagination - SSP and Uttara ... but the women can act, so it was still engaging ... and the SSP is good too - you can't help but hate him, he looks like a lech whatever he does!

    But the Gaurav-Vidya scene totally took me by surprise - I kept expecting the usual cliched fireworks, and instead saw a scene conducted with utmost dignity and grace, and the frustrations and helplessness of both the actors involved came across so much more poignantly and strongly because of that! The part when they were both standing with folded hands in front of each other was just classic ... am looking forward to seeing how this changes the equations between the lead players now. We're one day behind India so I will watch Vidya-Devyani's scene later tonight.

    As for SGP - don't mention the leads! I watch it just for the Panna-Raunaq track now, and the changing mother-in-law - again, I liked the way they showed the change - no dramtic overnight change of heart, just a slowly shifting change in attitude - the mil's style of talking, her remarks, her rudeness haven't changed overnight, which would have been unbelievable, there has been a gradual, subtle shift which is fascinating to watch. I think I made the first comment on that a few days back, and I've been enjoying it ever since. And now I'm looking forward to what is going to happen when Raunaq gets back ... just for that, I hope SGP stays on air a while longer!

    ReplyDelete

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...