Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Expectations ... shouldn't keep them!

13th Oct episode

After watching SGP and enjoying it thoroughly, I realised one thing. The reason I enjoy that show is that I have no expectation there - not in terms of quality, dialogue, and especially storylines ... nothing! So I appreciate it if I like it and switch it off if I don't. And because I have no expectations, especially on the storyline, I can try to make sense of what is happening and enjoy it anyway.

I think I need to do the same with MJHT. Stop predicting what will happen, what I want to happen ... after all, for that, I have my writing and my own imagination. Let me just watch what's being shown - if it's nice, I enjoy it, if it's not, I laugh at it and move on.

And with that pov, or maybe because I was in a good mood after a nice episode of SGP, I found I enjoyed MJHT a lot last night. One reason was definitely that the crass comedy is well and truly gone. So the CV's are listening to us and I guess we need to appreciate that. But they're telling a story their way - it's their story, and if it still makes sense to me, I will watch it. Especially because the acting was definitely better last night, and the scenes were decent too. Dialogues still need a lot of work, but ok, two out of three isn't bad!

So first scene - Sam with Ash, Samrat still in thought after Gunjan's phone call, regretting big time that he ever lied to Gunjan. Although 'friend'? Just friend?!

MN scene - Nups very, very upset with Mayank, and this time I don't blame her. Mayank has never trusted her, and for a wife, that would shake the foundation of her marriage to the roots. As she said, he didn't ask her even once, but convicted her straight off. I wouldn't blame her for walking out - and with Nachle ve coming up, that might be the the set up. Scenario here - she didn't cheat (although she had every plan to) she didn't forge, and at the stage they're in, supposedly blissfully happy "perfect" husband wife, this would be a very tough one for her to take. Again exposes the weak foundations of their relationship. I don't think I would forgive my husband for thinking this about me.

GunRo - thank God we have GunRo back! Much nicer than the NupRoAsh scenes where all Nups does is bully and scold! So Ro has come to meet Ash, Gunji puzzled, because Ash is supposed to be with him for dinner, after some hit and miss attempts with Ro being as dumb as Sam, and Gunji getting alternately confused and irritated (but so cutely!), he takes himself off, and Gunji is left wondering - where is Ash? and why did she lie to me? On top of which, she's still worried about Samrat's behaviour.
Mayank calls her to talk about Nupur.

Majan- a good scene today. They both let out their fears, their disappointments, and doubts. Gunji is sure Nupur could not have done what Mayank said she did, and tries to convince Mayank. Gunji says she will talk to Nupur - Nups comes, but for once, she refuses to talk to Gunjan also.

SamAsh - Sam thought Gunji would support him, but she wanted him to do MBA. But dude, did you ever tell her what your dream was? Anyway, ... he doesn't want to lie to her - she's his Chashmish.
Setting up for his planning to tell her the truth?
Before he can go on, and to their shock, Nups arrives.

Majan again - Mayank insisting he's sure Nups did what he accused her of.
And then the crux of the conversation - we should trust the people we love, maybe there's something in their mind which we don't know? Something else completely?
And Gunji thinks of Samrat again. She felt MBA was the best option for him, but she realises she doesn't know what's in his mind at all. And she says - before taking decisions for anyone, we need to find out what they want, what's in their mind ... without doing that, we're forcing out decisions on them and that's wrong.

SaNuAsh - He asks her not to tell anyone about the BB. Nups tells them that M thought she cheated and forged. Ash goes off to confess. Sam tells Nups he wants to make BB his career. Nups says she doesn't want to study any more (make way for Nupurbai!) Well, at least, he has a dream, a goal - what does she plan to do? Ok, I really don't care - I'm losing interest in Nups again!

Majan - M says, maybe Nups never wanted to be a student again, Gunjan says, maybe Samrat has some other talent which he wants to follow.
SaNu- Sam says, everyone can't be a doctor or an MBA, we can have different dreams. Nups says, all i want is to be with you three, but now I feel alienated from you all, I can't even talk to anyone.
Majan - M says, maybe they can't talk openly to us anymore. we need to give them their space.
Gunji - let them do what they want, it's their choice.
Sam - why can't bb be a career?

Majan go back to the question of cheating - just as Ash comes and confesses. Gunji, in CID role again, asks why she needed to go off early ... and Ash confesses about the BB, ... and that Sam is their coach.
Gunji shocked ... things falling into place? So that's what he has been hiding from her?

And on the other end, Sam is getting ready to tell her, because he can't lie to her any more ...

My thoughts - first MN - good thing, they had their rustication conversation in private, not the usual public slanging match it usually is. So she can go back to college without much loss of face. But bad part, the personal relationship has been shaken to the core. So she might actually leave for a while and that might pave the way for less Nups in the next track ... good thing again! ;)

SG - will he confess first? Putting himself in a morally defensible position? He seems to be going that way in the precap. Gunji has definitely realised her mistake, so the doorway to communication is opening slowly and steadily. Somehow, from the precap, I don't think the confrontation will be bitter this time, because there is fault on both sides - both were, as usual, thinking about the other, and both have realised where they went wrong, so hopefully, this might lead to one of their heart to heart talks, and pave the way to their reunion.

And the purpose of the track has been served - to point out that there are other careers available these days ... maybe not for Nups, unless they bring that up later, but definitely in sports - and you need family support to go in for these more dicey career choices. It's better not to drag the track and end it on a high note, maybe with a BB match at the end, and Gunji actually supporting Samrat all the way.

Also, these cv's are definitely not capable of, or just don't want, to bring too much intensity into their tracks - and this being a college show, with a very fickle, immature audience for the most part, they might feel justified in thinking so, and in wanting to return to that 'feel-good' light-hearted show it started off as. Especially if the SG reunion gets them good trp's, which I really hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back!

 Received a message about a spam comment, logged in to delete it, and browsed through the blog after AGES!!!! With work and home life gettin...